Tonight was a potentially good match between Railway who were up against The Flask, who were weakened by regular players being injured. The referee for tonight game was Phil.

The game kicked off and almost immediately it was 1-0 to Railway thanks an excellent attack up the left flank and successful shot from Danny Edwards. It was the same player who scored the next goal after 2 minutes. Is this going to be annihilation? Paul Hughes had the next shot for Railway but was pushed high by The Flask’s keeper Michael Crisp.

We then saw Flask have their first attempt via a free kick. Gareth Jones took the shot but it was an easy save for Chris Smith. Edwards then had another attempt, but was denied by the keeper who pushed it onto the post. It was going in off the post, but Crisp recovered in time and picked the ball up.

Jon Sumner then had an attempt as he attacked the space in front of him, but again Railway are denied by Crisp. Paul McDonnell, with excellent use of the boards passes the ball onto Edwards and railway find a way through; it’s now 3-0. Railway in possession again this time sees Edwards square the ball to Macca, who plays it back to Edwards who can get his shot off. Again this shot is successful past Crisp and its now 4-0.

David Murphy had a rare attempt for TF but Smith parries it out back but land back to Murphy, he gets a second shot off but it goes wide, an excellent chance wasted. Normal service quickly resumed when Macca squared the ball to Sumner this time and it’s 5-0. Macca then passed to Sumner again, and it’s another goal and 6-0. TF are going to have to improve dramatically if they are going to get anything out of this game. They do just that and gain some quick promising possession and then a shot from Murphy from the halfway line but it’s saved once again by the cat that goes by the name Chris Smith. It was doom and gloom for Flask as they were reduced to 4 men as Aaron Hayes came off injured before half time after turning his ankle. Macca attacked down the left flank for railway and was able to make it 7. However The Flask were able to get that goal before half time from Mark Woods to make it 7-1 at the break.

Flask had a switch around for the second half with Hayes going in goal and Crisp playing out. Sumner put the ball away only to see Phil disallow it for an earlier infringement. Edwards then grabbed his fourth goal of the night and this was quickly followed by a goal for Sumner to make it 9-1. Woods then tried a toe poke to get The Flask a second goal but missed the target. It was Edwards again, with the next attempt only to see it hit the underside of the bar and bounce high. Woods then put a through ball to Gareth Jones and his shot went under Smith and into the net to make the score 9-2. Macca scored another goal for Railway which was quickly replied by Woods for the Flask and it’s now 10-3. Railway asserted their authority again with another 3 quick goals courtesy of Sumner and Edwards with 2 which makes it 13-3. Jones has an attempt from the left wing and the score is now 13-4. Macca replies though for Railway, supported by tonight’s mascot, Charlie Macca, his Son. Last goal of the night goes to Flask and Murphy to end the game 14-5, but it was a one sided game. It looks like it will be a last game shootout between Railway and Avenue for the Division 1 title.

MOM went to Danny Edwards

Latest Posts