Fixture: Harvey Bears V Silver Foxes

Date: Wednesday 14th February

Match Official: Rhys Buck

14th of February was a big day! Not very many fixtures to played down The Dome this Wednesday…was this because all our Wednesday Night players are all big romancers? Or would they blame it on the Champions League game? We may never find out…

The big game tonight was not Liverpool V Porto, down The Dome we had the mighty Harvey Bears face off against The Silver Foxes. We also have the valiant return of one of our long serving refs – Rhys Buck and he got the game off to a prompt start.

Chris Evans, a new signing for The Bears a transfer from the ‘retired’ team The Gerry Hat tricks, had the opening attempt of the night for The Bears from the halfway line but nothing came of the move.

The Bears adamant to get on the score card first sees Ste Caples with the next effort and he walks around the prostrate keeper, Tony Robinson and scores the opening goal. Evans then makes amends for his earlier miss, scoring from the edge of the box to make it 2-0.

The Foxes tails are ruffled! Paul McKenzie is the first fox to see the goal, but is denied by a deflection from Nev Howson, which took it wide of the goal and back into open play. Jeff Mitchell had a shot for The Foxes which rebounded off the back boards and right back into The Bears possession. Caples then fired a thunderous shot, which flew into Robinsons left hand corner and it is now 3-0. Tony Fitzsimmons (HB) had his first shot of the game but the keeper easily pushed out to his right hand side. Evans scored his second goal of the night, coming inside from the left wing and we witnessed another thunderbolt and it's 4-0.

George Wooton, The Foxes nominated player manager, continued to encourage his team, barking encouragement and orders to them throughout. This seemed to bear fruit as Mitchell won the ball from the halfway mark, took it forward, and put his shot under the diving Roger, to pull the deficit back to 3 goals. A loose pass from HB then saw Mitchell gain possession, he passes to Jones, only to see his attempt saved and it goes high for a free kick.

Howson then attacks down the wing, comes inside, shoots and Robinson saves the shot. The move of the night then took place with Frank Brennan, with a megs on George Wooton, with shouts of approval from the touchline. Ian Turner followed this up with a shot for The Bears from the centre of the pitch, only for the ball to come off the boards again. Brennan then moved forwards down the right wing, but his tame effort was easily saved by the keeper. Dave Jones, then took his life into his own hands, with a tremendous shot, which hit the referee Rhys from all of a yard away from him (by accident), Rhys recovered quickly and shortly after, blew up for half time and its 4-1 to Harvey Bears.

Fitzsimmons started the second half with a fizzing shot from halfway, only to see Robinson save with his left hand. Mitchell, cleverly played a one two to himself of the boards, and he scores from the resulting shot and it's now 4-2. Turner had an attempt on goal which was well saved. Caples had a shot which came off the keeper straight back to him and he slots home the second attempt and restored the 3 goal cushion. It was Caples again, involved in the next goal, where he passed to Fitsimmons and his attempt went into the far post and it's now 6-2.

The laugh of the night then occurred, when The Bears won a free kick in front of the capacity audience of 4, Wooton stood in front of the ball, and in anticipation of it being taken, he kicked the ball to the other end of the pitch, thankfully, Reece saw the funny side of it also, and took no action against Wooton.

Mitchell, then had an attack for The Foxes and just as he was about to 'pull the trigger', Turner, took the ball of his toes, to prevent the shot. Mitchell on fire and on the ball had another shot only for it to be saved well by Roger. Jones eager to level the tekkers playing field - got Brennan back for his earlier megs on his team mate, doing the same to Brennan. Evans scored again with his effort going in off Wooton to make it 7-2. The Foxes developing some accuracy with their skills, seemed to make 'another game' when it was Mitchell who gracefully slotted the ball through Brennan’s poor stance. This mini Nutmeg competition seen The Foxes have some glory, with a 2-1win.

Caples then gained possession, took it forward, and the keeper anticipating a shot, dived, only to see Caples 'dink' it over the prone keeper and it's 8-2. Thje Foxes are no longer bright eyed and bushy tailed as fatigue sets in. The Bears utilize their opponents tiredness and score another 2 goals from Evans, into the corner of the goal and Caples to make it 10-2. The last action of the night saw Wooton's valentines hopes go up in flames, as he is hit in the midriff from a hard shot from another fellow Fox!

The game finishes at 10-2 to Harvey Bears and the MOM goes to Ste Caples.

Latest Posts